FluidGrowers – an Australian ecommerce company – found out that customers were leaving the cart page due to unclarity about the shipping costs ($9.99 or free for orders over $150).
They changed 3 things in a test:
- A new top bar with free shipping information (over AUD 150)
- Adding shipping information to the sidebar
- Adding ‘Spend x $ more to get free shipping’ messing above the cart.
The results were:
- Average order value increased 26% from $110 to $139
- The conversion rate increased 39%
The AOV increase can probably be attributed to the ‘Spend more’ message.
What would interesting for further testing is to display suggested / related products on the cart.
| Test date
|Lift CRO Model
|Fogg Behaviour Model
Home & Living