Buyakilt (currently called kiltsociety) is an ecommerce company focused on selling – you guessed 😉 – kilts. The company was founded by Fergus Macdonald in 2014 and is based in Edinburgh – Scotland. They wanted to test the effect of adding product filters.
Adding product filters on will increase conversions, because it will make it easier for visitors to find the products.
The variation was a clear winner
- 76.1% increase in Revenue
- 26% increase in conversions
- 19.76% increase in shopping cart visits.
Several effects may be in place in this case:
- The first filter made it clear that bespoke kilts are possible, which may appeal to several shoppers
- The control version was a long list without hierarchy – overwhelming visitors with options
- The filter options pattern and yardage enable importing shopping criteria
In general relevant filters that help your visitors find their product are a major design component for category pages. The choice of category filters needs to be done with care.
| Test date
||Buy a klit