Dowce is a desktop software tool to capture screenshots. The tool allows you to select a part of the screen and easily share the screenshot. To increase the number of downloads a homepage redesign was tested.
Redesigning the homepage (moving CTA, changing headline, adding bullets a USP), will increase the number of software downloads.
Following was changed in the variation mainly improving clarity:
- removed the call to action from the header in order to focus visitors on our main call to action in the body
- improved the headline
- added bullets points with improved value proposition
- improved the call to action (bigger and more visible)
- improved the layout, by dividing the sections so it is easier to scan the page
The variation increased conversions by 25% (98% significance).
With this many changes it is difficult to make any general conclusions.
The new design is more in line with general practices though:
- The Call to Action is standing more and is designed more like a button
- The location of the call to action is also better -> after the value proposition (not in the header)
- The value proposition is explained more clearly with bullets and bold font for specific advantages